All ACM Members must subscribe to the Purposes of ACM and satisfy membership qualifications.
ACM is dedicated to:
- Advancing the art, science, engineering, and application
of information technology
- Fostering the open interchange of information to
serve both professionals and the public; and
- Promoting the highest professional and ethical standards.
You must satisfy one of the qualifications below:
- Bachelor's Degree (in any subject area); or
- Equivalent Level of Education; or
- Two years full-time employment in the IT field.
By joining ACM, I agree to abide by ACM's Code of Ethics and ACM's Policy Against Harassment. I acknowledge ACM's Policy Against Harassment at ACM Activities and agree that behavior such as the following will constitute grounds for actions against me:
- Abusive action directed at an individual, such as threats, intimidation, or bullying
- Racism, homophobia, or other behavior that discriminates against a group or class of people
- Sexual harassment of any kind, such as unwelcome sexual advances or words/actions of a sexual nature